Google Container Registry
Use a JSON service account key to use Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Service accounts are used by applications to make authorized APIs calls on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). In order for the Salad portal to interact with GCP through APIs, a JSON key for a service account is required. Additional GCP authentication methods are coming soon.
Here's a tutorial guide on how to generate a JSON service account key in GCP : https://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/generate-service-account-key-in-google-cloud-platform-gcp/
Here's a concise version of the steps to deploy a container image stored in GCP using JSON key authentication.
- Go to http://portal.salad.com and "Create Organization"
- Select the Created Organisation.
We are using "Salad Technologies"
- Create New Project
- Select Project "Demo"
- Create New Container Group
- Select "Private" and give the container a prefereable name e.g test
- Select "Upload JSON file"
- Select the GCP JSON file
- Select "Google Cloud - JSON” as the private registry provider
- Copy your image tag.
Your image tag should be us.gcr.io/my-app/my-container-image:latest :
This is a reference to a Docker image stored in a Google Container Registry (GCR) repository.
Here we are using an already existing image docker.io/heygordian/node-app:latest and click on "Next Container Resources"
- Select Review & Deploy
- Deploy Container Groups
- Congratulations! Your Container should now be running.
- Review and see the status which is successfully " Running"
Updated about 2 months ago