Recipes are the easiest way to start/running an application on Salad Cloud. By using recipes, you can run the most popular applications without having to worry about the underlying infrastructure. Recipes come pre-configured with all the necessary settings and dependencies for a particular application. This means users don't need to spend time figuring out what hardware options are compatible with a specific AI model or application. Also they are well-documented and user-friendly, often with detailed instructions and guides to follow.
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of deploying a recipes using the Salad Cloud Portal. Let's get started!
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to the Salad Cloud Portal.
- Enter your login credentials (username and password) to access your account dashboard.
- Locate the "Recipe Deployment" option in the right tab of the portal interface and click on it.
- Click on the "Deploy a New Recipe" option.
- You will then see a list of all the available recipes on the Salad Portal. Select the recipe corresponding to your desired model. In this example, we are using the "Llama - 7B" model.
- After selecting the model, you will be provided with detailed information related to that model. This information include "How to Use," "Intended Uses & Limitations," "Hardware Requirements," and "Reference."
- Finally, click on the "Configure & Deploy" button to proceed with the deployment of the selected recipe.
Once you've chosen the recipe you want to deploy, follow these steps:
- Configure the name for your deployment.
- Set the replica count (from 1 to 100).
Note: You can change the recipe on this page if necessary.
After the deployment is successful, navigate to the container configuration page. You will see the details of your configured container. Click the "Start" button to initiate the container and push it into a running state.
Once the container is in the running state, you can proceed to make requests and perform all the desired operations within the Salad Cloud Engine (SCE). With recipes, the process of deploying applications on Salad Cloud becomes more straightforward, allowing you to focus on your tasks without the need to manage underlying infrastructure. Enjoy the convenience and efficiency of Salad Cloud for your application deployment needs.
Updated about 1 month ago
For further customization, you can deploy your own container images and adjust the infrastructure for your container group. Follow the "How to Deploy a Custom Container Group" guide for detailed instructions on tailoring your container deployments to meet your specific requirements.