Deploy via portal
Here are steps to deploy your container using salad portal:
If this is your first time, be sure to sign up and register here https://portal.salad.com or follow the guide here to setup your salad portal account
- Go to http://portal.salad.com and "Create Organization"
- Select the Created Organisation.
We are using "Salad Technologies"
- Create New Project
- Select Project "Demo"
- Create New Container Group
- Select "Public" and give the container a preferable name e.g. test
- Copy your Container image tag.
Your image URL tag should be in this format docker.io/example-org/my-image:latest :
This is a reference to a Docker Container image .
Here we are using an already existing image docker.io/heygordian/node-app:latest and click on "Next Container Resources"
- Select Review & Deploy
- Deploy Container Groups
- Congratulations! Your Container is now running on Salad Portal
- Review and see the status of your Container which is successfully "Running"
- There currently a max image size of 10 GB (note: this may change)
- We pull and store images at moment of container group creation, so if the image is modified they will have to create a new container group
Status of container groups with private images
- While the image is being pulled and stored, the container group status will be pending
- Once the image is ready, the container group status will change to stopped, and the container group can be started.
A few unique failures can occur with container images stored on private registries
- Failure to authenticate: This will occur if we are unable to authenticate to the private registry with the credentials provided. Double check the credentials are correct and try again.
- Failure to store: This will occur if we are unable to store the container image. This should be a temporary condition so try again.
- Image too large: This will occur if the container image is too large. You will need to use a smaller container image.
If issues persist, please contact support here.
Updated about 2 months ago